5 Signs Your Businesses’ Roof Needs Maintenance
Your commercial property’s roof is its first line of defense against wind, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements. Add to that the time it takes to fix your roofing issues, and you can see how problems like this impact your business. One inconvenienced customer can lead to bad reviews online and a loss in sales.
For those reasons, we’re listing 5 common signs that your commercial roofing needs professional maintenance.
- Indoor Water Damage: Spots and stains on walls and ceilings are often signs that your roof may be damaged. Leaks start small but can lead to big issues and health concerns down the line. If you notice signs of leaks inside, you should quickly address your leaky roof before it becomes a liability.
- Higher Utility Costs: If your businesses’ roof is ill-repaired or damaged, you might see a hike in your utility bills. If you see an unusual jump in price, it might be damaged. The best way to find our for sure is with a free roof inspection, courtesy of Storm Guard Roofing and Construction. Our experts will take the time to diagnose any roofing issues and will provide a detailed, efficient plan of action to fix any damage.
- Soft Spots on Your Roof: If you notice saggy, soft, spongy spots on your roof, it is often a sign that your roof’s integrity is compromised. This is commonly caused by moisture, which breaches your shingles and causes water damage. Instead of climbing up on your roof, check for these saggy spots from the ground first.
- Musty Odor: Another sign that says “water damage found here” is a distinctly pungent smell of must inside your business. This smell is common when a roof is damaged, sometimes after rain showers. If you notice this odor, consult with a professional on the best course of action to take.
- Clogged Drains: If you notice that your drains and gutters aren’t working correctly, the culprit might be your roof and not the drains themselves. It is imperative that your drains work properly, so if you notice that they are clogged, contact a Storm Guard representative for gutter options that could save you on considerable damage costs.
BONUS – Old Age: Do you know the age of your commercial building’s roof? If it is more than 25 years old, you have a higher chance of finding maintenance items that need to be corrected. This is especially true if your roof has never been checked for malfunctions and damage. If you have done a good job of maintaining your older roof, just keep an eye out regularly for signs of damage.
Be Sure Repairs Are Done Right!
Most commercial building and business owners opt to bring in a professional to fix any commercial roofing maintenance issues. This allows the owner to continue with day-to-day necessities like helping customers while Storm Guard Roofing and Construction of Storm Guard Austin TX locates and fixes any maintenance and safety problems. Time is money, and you’ll be losing more if you try to DIY a major repair project on your own. Don’t risk your health and your business – call us today for a FREE estimate on your commercial roof repair.